Le blog du Code Bar

Le Code Bar est définitivement fermé, merci à tous pour ces bons moments!

dimanche 29 mai 2011

Gil Scott-Heron (April 1, 1949 – May 27, 2011)

    A role model shouldn't be someone you try to follow or emulate, they're rather guiding figures, whom ideas, sayings, works and intents one aims to keep alive, then and now. Now and then...

    RIP the seventies, RIP undergound music, RIP poets and bluesologist, RIP protests and activism through meaningful music, ideals and jazz? RIP poets and bluesologists...

    My joys will henceforth be lessened by your absence in the way my downtimes were eased by your music, your words. And forever will be.

    Wherever I end up, there'll be a picture of you on a wall to remind me of what I try to be and ain't yet. There'll also be some music you made or inspired or were inspired by. Always...

    Screw rap, I just lost a Godfather of mine. And all of us did.

1 commentaire:

Cyril a dit…

Je suis venu exprès pour voir si tu allais écrire quelque chose... et c'est chose faite.